Saturday, May 22, 2010

More of the same

I wish I had something more exciting to tell you.

Our morning was spent in class presenting our findings and interpretations from our research. It was a little nerve racking as it seemed like there was no clear formula to follow.

After class was lunch in the cafeteria and studying in the library. Unfortunately the library doesn't seem to have outlets so I was only there until my computer was on the verge of dying. We walked to Starbucks for some AC and homework. I realized I was done writing shortly after arriving and decided I wasn't in the mood to edit, because it is such a concentrated activity.

I came home, leaving those who were still writing, and watched an episode of Glee. I love Glee. My new favorite show. It was the first show I'd watched since being away. Clearly I will have a lot of catching up to do between the 26th when I return and the 30th when I leave again for Moncton. Good news is Canadian tv on the internet will be available in Moncton. Also, I've been hearing rumors that the season finale of Grey's was "amazing" BUT I haven't seen any episodes since I left and I'd like to keep it all a secret so if someone tells me what happened I might lose it.

After relaxing on my bed with my laptop for a few hours it was time to go out. We were meeting for sushi at the same restaurant we went to the other night and then heading to a club called "Nuit" which is french and pronounced "Newi" but the Mexican's pronounce it how it looks.

Sushi was great, again! This time we ordered it without cream cheese, which they had included in all the roles last time, and no garlic so I wouldn't suffer later. Some of the Mexican student tour guides came with us, and some met us at the club.

I feel the need to take a step back. I was meeting a few girls who live close to me so we could cab together. I walked over to their house and saw that they, well mostly one, was dressed up with some crazy new heels. The thing is Mexican women love their crazy high heels. So she grabbed us and took us to a local store to buy some shoes, afterwards she insisted I change into one of her dresses. I'm not exceptionally "girly" very often, but hey, you gotta role with the punches. It was fun, but the heels I bought were pretty ridiculous.

So back to dinner. Quite a few of our group bailed to go home because they needed to spend the next day devoted to their papers. The rest of us cabbed across town and then actually had to wait in line before getting in (this never happens). That said the line only really consisted of us as everyone else was let in the door.

We got in to the club and had a great night, a bottle of the cheapest tequila was ordered (which was a mistake because it was gross!), and we sat outside for a while. Eventually we made our way to the "dance floor." I say that because there were tables and people sitting in the middle of the dance floor and I'm pretty sure we were the only ones actually dancing. We had a great time though. By the end of the night my feet were screaming at me. We walked to Kiosko (pretty much a 7-11) to get some snacks and water. One of the Mexican students, who had driven, insisted that he drive some of us home (especially the girls in heels). This was much appreciated as I don't know how I would have made it down the hill in my heels unless I took them off.

Not long after getting home I was tucked into bed, around 4am possibly. I had initially planed to be up early working all morning on my paper so I would have time to make it to the pool in the afternoon. That doesn't seem like much of an option anymore.

Today's High: 37℃

Today I learned:
  • You probably know more than you think you do
  • High heels look great and can be danced in all night long, if one is willing to deal with the pain
I am grateful for:
  • Car rides at the end of the night
  • The wonderful night

No comments:

Post a Comment