Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year. New Adventures. New.

On New Year's Day I wrote a blog update, yesterday I tried to post it but it was deleted. For this reason I have little motivation to re-write and re-post that same blog so if this seems hasty I apologize.

I've never really been one for New Year's Resolutions, heck I've never really been one to find New Years all that inspiring but each to their own I suppose. I guess I feel like if you want to start change, why not change tomorrow, why does it have to be January 1. And I guess I'm also thrown off of it because it seems like people make really large goals and don't achieve them. I'm much more for setting goals as I go and achieving them as I go.

That said, this year I will set a few New Year's Resolutions.

1) Worry Less About Money
Oh, a toughy. As a student it is generally an accepted way of life, the poor life, the "can we go somewhere cheap tonight" way of life. That is all fine and good when all your friends are also poor, it makes it a little easier. The thing I find difficult is watching my debt increase and realizing that at this time in my life there is nothing I can really do about it. Sure I work, I work a lot, I rarely take many holidays, I work through my summers, etc. You get the picture. And still my bank account decreases. With me moving to Europe and likely being largely unemployed for half of this upcoming year I will be spending all the money I've saved for the last 4 months. I am going to be okay with this. Yes, I resolve to stress less about money.

2) Stay better connected with friends
This will be hard because I am physically going to be so far away, but when I return I hope to stop letting life, exhaustion, and general malaise get in the way of seeing friends. Making more of an effort for my friends is resolution #2.

So there you have it, short and simple. Hopefully I can make these stick!

Happy New Year Friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment