Tuesday, January 25, 2011

21 hours and counting

Well not 21 hours exactly, but close.

Here it is, the time has come for me to live out a life goal. How sweet is that? I love when you can taste the success of a goal you set for yourself. Tomorrow I move to Europe. This is kind of a big deal. As much as I have been moved out of my Mother's house since 2005 I've only ever been about an hour away. The longest I've spent away from home consecutively is about 2 months last summer. I feel like that was a good test run.

Over the past few days I have gone through a world of emotions. I've been stressed about packing, worried about leaving, excited about what I'll see, nervous to leave my friends and family, thrilled to make the big treck, the list goes on. I finally feel like I am in a really good place, I feel prepared, I feel ready. I have my stuff set out to be packed tomorrow - I think I have successfully packed "smart" and I don't feel like I've overpacked. I will fight the urge to throw things in last minute.

Yes, I feel very ready and the nerves are gone. Which is great because up until this afternoon I think worrying about packing had me worrying in general.

I know I'm on the verge of something great! I can not wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment