Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Preparation and bookwormery

Today my package from Amazon arrived! It was full of books and I am really excited about it :)



I had a wonderfully productive day, I was up nice and early, around 8am and started in on some homework. (Anecdotally: I ran into a girl in the kitchen while I was making a cup of coffee, she asked me what I was doing up so early. It was 10am. ha. So many people here are never awake earlier than Noon, and for them that is early. She was up to study for a test, she informed me she is almost never awake before 1 or 2pm. I like my routine better.) I got my section of my group paper written, edited, and sent off, then edited my paper that is due tomorrow. From there I moved on to doing some readings for my other class. I'm trying to get ahead in every class so when I start the marathon travel extravaganza that is going to start in April and last until the beginning of June I won't have to stress about school.

In the afternoon I started looking seriously into my adventures in April. I'm not sure if you are aware, but my Mom is coming to visit me! Yay! She is going to follow me around on the first leg of my trip in April. We'll spend a few days in Amsterdam before departing for Portugal, followed by Barcelona, at which time she leaves to head back home. So I spent most of my afternoon looking up accommodations, things to do, and the like. It does take time.

Tonight I had evening class. I felt really sorry for the prof because he was an awful lecturer. He clearly loved the subject matter and wanted everyone else to care but the message was so lost in his lack of presentation skills - he just read off his paper for an hour and a half. I wanted to be interested but my brain was having none of it.

I think I'm fairly organized for the rest of my travels, but mostly it means I will be busy 100% of the time, either studying, traveling, or taking a test, oh and there might be the casual sleeping, but it is likely that will just take place on trains and planes. Ha. I'm not going to give you all the details yet because it will be more exciting if I just tell you what I'm up to right before I go. It will give the illusion of spontaneity, even though I know where I'll be almost everyday from now until July 4th - at least relatively.

No comments:

Post a Comment