Thursday, March 3, 2011

Disaster.

I assure you my intentions were good. Last night I said to myself "tomorrow after class you can write a solid Italy update"

Well then my computer went haywire and all my pictures disappeared from iPhoto. I think there are about 2.5 years worth of memories in there. I couldn't call the Canadian help number and the Dutch one was seemingly out of service. After getting my mother to phone Apple Canada and reading some things they sent me I located all my pictures. This however, did not happen until around 3:30 in the morning. I didn't get to bed until around 4.

So, then, class today was a bit of a task because I was exhausted. After I came back and had a 3 hour nap. I was totally wiped out. Then after that I tried to re-establish my formerly impeccably organized iPhoto albums. Sadly, this was not an easy task. Long story short the pictures, wherever they are, are not organized, there are duplicates of different quality, and there seems to be quite a process to recovering them, when I thought I was done it turns out that only some of them transfered back.

So why am I telling you all this? Because I want you to know that instead of spending my afternoon working hard to tell you about how lovely Italy was, I was pulling out my hair trying to make sure all my pictures don't end up in some la la land on my computer. So far, I've determined there is actually no way to know if I get them all and they just seem to keep duplicating.

In an attempt to organize I decided to try and make use of the external hard drive I purchased, so I could put them all on there, and then clean up my computers mess but it wouldn't install. Technology is great, when it works, and when it doesn't it makes for a awful mess that makes my insides angry.

So, who knows. Maybe tomorrow. Sorry all.

As a general update, I am impatient for it to warm up here because biking in this cold weather makes me hate going outside. I know it isn't cold like at home but I'm still sick of it. I hope it warms up for you all in yyc and area because those numbers are just cruelty.

Finally, I am excited to start planning my next big adventure. I have about 2.5 weeks off in April and I'm planning something big, and by that I mean, I plan to not be on Dutch soil for a minute of it. I can't believe that is only a month away. I've got lots of planning to do. I think for the month of March I'll stick close to home and try to explore the Netherlands. It will still be cool all over and I have lots of school to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment