Friday, March 18, 2011

Budgets are good but annoying.


Happy Belated St. Paddy's Day! Hope you had a good one.

I'd hoped to post here tonight saying that tomorrow I'd be heading into Northern France to visit some important WWII D-Day Beaches in Normandy. Sadly, hostels or hotels of any reasonable price could not be found and it turned into two full days of travel with very little time of actual touring. It is still on my list but this weekend I think I'll stick close to home. Well I'll stay in the Netherlands that is. Tomorrow I've decided to head to Delft. I've heard it is adorable! This way I can still come back here tomorrow night and avoid paying for a nights stay. This will also allow me to do some homework that I really do need to get to. I have a group meeting Tuesday morning so I would have had to cut my trip short anyways.

On Sunday there is an international dinner here on my floor, that means everyone is going to cook something that is typical from their country. I have to find something Canadian. I've had some requests for pancakes (of the fluffy variety) with maple syrup. I of course, did not bring maple syrup, but you can buy it in the grocery store - for a high fee. I think I'll make blueberry or chocolate chip ones, or maybe I'll make a batch of each. My friend Meghan suggested I make poutine, I'll be honest, poutine is delicious, but I've only ever had it twice in my life and I don't really know if you need some sort of special cheese curds..? If I knew how to make Beaver Tails I might do it just for the hilarity of the thing.

Do you have any suggestions for some "Canadian" food I could make?


Oh, PS, thanks for all the book suggestions :rolleyes

2 comments:

  1. woha a bit of attitude in this post! lol 'rolls eyes'...
    I've got no suggestions as you just saw my recent blog and what I am reading. Sounds like a good plan for today. As for Canadian food um- Alberta beef may be hard to come by, KD isnt too exciting... I reckon pancakes are your best bet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I thought about including a winky face after the rolleyes but I figured that was too much fake eye emoticoning for one sentence. I just meant I specifically asked a question and not even one reply. That's not very fun. I wasn't really expecting you to reply bc we'd just been talking about it.

    ReplyDelete