Monday, April 25, 2011

Groningen Lately

I tried to upload a video I took the other day but I think it is too big so I decided to open up iMovie for the first time to fiddle with it and then upload it to YouTube so I could just link to it here but I couldn't edit the way I wanted to without all this other figuring out business but now that I have it in my head to do it, I want to do it right. So hopefully I can do that in the next few days and get it up here for you.

Happy - belated - Easter!

It hasn't really felt like Easter at all here, although at home I'm usually heavy into school and too busy to really enjoy it. Anyways, there's been no Easter chocolate, no big meal with family, etc, etc. Most people here are finishing up finals and have been in holiday mode. Not that I'm on holiday, but school isn't really heavy so I've been pretending I'm on holiday. I think it helps that the weather has been amazing all week. We've had mid 20s and probably higher everyday.

A couple days I went to the park and sat in the sun, a couple days we biked to the lake, about a 20 minute, 5km ride and hung out there for some time. Being Easter not much has been open.

On Friday there was a flower market in the city centre, then Sunday we went down for the regular market, and basically we've been hanging out in the sun for days. Today we actively tried to find another activity but with nothing open there was simply nothing else to do. We opted for the park, but this time I took my school readings so I did accomplish something.

Tomorrow we're headed for 1euro breakfast at Ikea before I - hopefully - get a bunch of school work done, I think I'll have a group meeting in the afternoon. Wednesday I'm thinking about going to Amsterdam for the day - because I can - and because Tess has a friend living there right now and she asked if I wanted to tag along.

Next week I get to see my cousin! in Berlin! and in Prague! Yay :)

I've been here for near 3 months (in a few days - but I'll be sure to let you know when that happens), which means that I only have 2 months left here. Crazy!

2 comments:

  1. time flies! I hope you get your present this week :) I'm so excited because I know you will be so excited!

    ReplyDelete