Friday, April 22, 2011

Groningen Lately

We've been having some amazing summer weather here in Groningen. This has been driving everyone outside into the sun. Having a paper due yesterday meant that a lot of my time was spent inside my very hot, very stuffy room writing and editing, but I did find some time to take in the sunshine.

Biking to the park I cross some of the main streets in the city centre. On Wednesday I came upon this scene, the major routes were lined with thousands of policemen and women. It turns out they were there to honour a fallen policeman who was shot the previous week while doing his job. Everyone was out of the stores to honour him. It was quite a site to see.

I got a phone call telling me to come to the park for wine and strawberries.
I didn't really put up a fight.

Seemed like everyone had the same idea.
The entire park was full.

This was not my doing alone.

Biking home.

Tess was happy to switch to the back of Robert's bike after almost
being thrown off a few times on Jack's.

1 comment: