Thursday, April 28, 2011

Bicycle! Bicycle! I want to ride my bicycle!

It was cool and damp today in Groningen.

I've been meaning to do this for a while, but I figured I'd wait for a sunny day, which it most certainly was not today. And I should probably have held off, re-taped this and done a real good version but whatevs, you guys'll take what you can get right?

So I attached my camera to my bike and recorded my ride from home to class. Unfortunately because I wasn't holding it the picture is really bumpy. This is probably for the best though because otherwise it would have had to focus on the ground half the time anyways.

This ride takes me about 9mins. I cut a substantial amount out as to not bore you. That said, its still kind of long. Well anyways now you can see what I see everyday.


Tomorrow night is Queen's Night. This means it is a party the night before Queen's Day which is on Saturday. This is huge party in the city centres everywhere in the Netherlands to celebrate their monarchy and their national pride. Everyone dresses in orange and has a party. Sounds like fun. Amsterdam sounds like a mad house. I'll be sticking around here to hang out with the people I know in the city I know. Looking forward to it.

Otherwise I spent the day at school, in class, then writing part of a group paper that looks like it could be the group paper from hell. I don't say this because the group is no good, they seem fine, I say this because the assignment is ridiculous and is going to be a massive amount of work. Thinking I might not make it to Vienna and I'll have to head back straight from Prague. School ruins everything, well except my long term future, its doing pretty alright with that.

3 comments:

  1. so many bikes! it snowed here today so not bike for me :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was soooo cool. Looks like a great place to be. Like Meg said, so many bikes! Just so different. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is growing on me more and more. Love love love the music you put this too. Makes me happy at the end of a happy day ... again.

    ReplyDelete