Monday, February 21, 2011

Weekend. Plain and Simple.

In an attempt to maintain interest in this little blog of mine I figured I shouldn't wait too long to update. Happy Family Day, hope you are enjoying your day off :)

I was going to post last night but I fell into a deep sleep around 2am midway through the Heritage Classic and just following a very large very delicious Belgian beer. It was fun to actually watch some of the game, see commercials from home, listen to Ron McLean, it was fun. It would be nice to have some fellow hockey fans in the house to watch some games with but most other Canadians I meet are girls, and not as many girls are really that into hockey. At least the ones I know are more about partying. Regardless it was fun but I fell asleep before it ended.

I haven't been up to much this weekend, being sick and all. My main goal is to be on the up and up on the health front for when I leave on Thursday for Italy, but I'm getting skeptical about how well I will really be.

Saturday I went downtown and bought my textbooks (which don't look that exciting) and the entire city centre was packed! It was so busy, and it was even pretty cold out. I've heard that a lot of people from Germany will come on Saturday to do their shopping because it is cheaper here and isn't that far away. I did some homework, took a late afternoon nap, had dinner, then a few of us decided to watch Aladdin which actually turned into us watching Fight Club. I had never actually seen all of Fight Club, just bits and pieces and it was a movie I'd wanted to see.

When I came back to my room just after midnight I decided to Skype my Dad, (with the time difference this is only really possible on weekends) and I was lucky enough to catch my brother and his girlfriend at the house as well. I was sure glad I had decided to call when I did.

Yesterday (Sunday the 20th) I'm pretty sure I did even less. Sadly, I'd been running out of food - this tends to happen here a lot because you can only buy a very small amount at a time and it lasts you a couple days then everything is gone - and being Holland everything is closed on Sundays so that means no grocery stores, well except one and it opens at 4pm on Sundays.

Until 4pm I did some school work, wrote a draft of a paper, did some readings, then at 4 a few of us went to the grocery store. What a relief! When we got back we made a huge dinner together which was quite delicious. Most people had homework to do or other things like that, I watched Mad Men until the hockey game started then I enjoyed some Canadiana for about 2 hours before I fell fast asleep.

Today I am going to try and find a more comfortable chair for my room at the second hand store, do some reading about Milan, and other such activities. Tonight is Student Night at a bar but I think I'll have to forego and sleep again.

2 comments:

  1. Kinda. Its like Thursden for the Internationals. But I hear it loses its luster and attendance decreases as the semester goes on. Besides Monden would just be ridiculous - ha.

    ReplyDelete