Sunday, February 6, 2011

Supplementary Log: Cravings

So it is only natural to miss things you have at home all the time. I know it hasn't been that long since I left but when you have something on a regular basis and then stop - and you can't even get it if you wanted to it makes you want it more. Let me tell you about some of the things I've been missing, craving, and thinking about since I left.
  • Trident Freshmint soft gum - I don't know if chicklet gum is just all the rage but I can't seem to find one that I want. That said, I haven't done too much looking around and I am very picky about gum.
  • Vietnamese! I love Saigon and I need to find somewhere to serve me spring rolls over vermicelli rice.
  • Sushi - I asked if there was a good place to get sushi but no one seems to know, I've heard there is somewhere in town that serves it but I'm skeptical. But I've been spoiled with the amazing Globefish in Calgary.
  • Tim Hortons - of course - I miss the ease of walking in to Timmy's, ordering an XL steeped tea with 2 milks and knowing I will love it every time.
  • iPhone connectivity - I hate that I can't find wifi to use my phone - ha. I loved having the world at my fingertips, every piece of info, I could text my friends, play games, take pictures then post them immediately for everyone to see on twitter. I can't do this now and boy do I miss it! Technology is my crutch and I love it.
  • A huge cup of coffee - this might sound ridiculous because the coffee here is delicious - all made from espresso shots and just the right amount of water/milk but they are always so small. Can't I get an XL.. a Venti?! Something that will take me more than 2 minutes to drink? I need to do some further coffee shop exploration in the next few weeks to feel out this situation.
Obviously I haven't been here very long and I am sure I can find some good fillers for the next five months, or maybe something even better, but for now I would love to have a Sushi date followed by an XL tea from T.Ho's as I google map directions to the nearest store to buy some trident. Ha. Well it isn't that bad but you know what I mean.

2 comments:

  1. oh good, stuff to add to your package :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you know the old saying, "When in Rome, do what the Romans do". Haven't given you an old saying in a loooooonnnnng time.

    ReplyDelete