Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Nothing new

I sometimes feel bad blogging about how I've done nothing all day, but in an attempt to keep up with my two weeks of daily blogs I'll tell you what I did today. But I feel the need to tell you that I am slightly intoxicated as I write this. I'm sorry - it was literally one long island iced tea that did me in, I'm pretty sure it was 50% tequila. So strong.

I didn't have much to do today, I slept late and took my time getting ready in the late morning. I made breakfast today which you wouldn't think is noteworthy but as I haven't really made much since I've been here - food wise - it was kind of a big deal.

I got myself together, downloaded and watched a new ep of Glee (awesome - double rainbow.. zombie double rainbow awesome), socialized, then made my way to the Arts Faculty introduction. It wasn't that interesting, but good to see the faces of a few of the administrators and staff. We were treated to another showing of the improv show we saw on Saturday, but I think this time it was better.

Afterward we were provided with drinks and opportunities for socializing. I met a few girls who go to school in Montreal. It seems like so many Canadians I meet are from Montreal. This was followed by a trip to the grocery store, which was followed by me making a mediocre dinner.

Tonight was our last 'intro week' function. It was a Pirate Party at Kokomo bar downtown. Before a group of us went down we hung out for a while here. When we finally went down it was close to midnight. We stopped at another bar along the way because one of the girls we were with knew a number of people who would be there. This was where I received the previously mentioned - toxically strong - long island iced tea. Eventually we made our way to the other bar for some dancing. I STILL maintain that music here in the clubs isn't that good. I had a good time, for the most part.

Tomorrow I am hoping to make it down to the market to peruse the aisles but I'm sure mostly I will be sleeping. School starts on Monday, but I don't have class until Wednesday. Who knows what I'll do until then, but hopefully it involves resting and not drinking large amounts of alcohol. ugh. g'night.

2 comments:

  1. There is not one grammatical error that I could see (this time), and this in a slightly intoxicated state. Maybe it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might be even more impressed if you knew I wrote this with my eyes closed because looking at the screen made my head spin. ha.

    ReplyDelete