Tuesday, February 15, 2011

And so it goes

I think the most exciting thing I did today was paint my nails. So be ready to be enthralled by my daily activities:

I woke up nice and early in the afternoon, around 12:30. I couldn't believe it. Well I mean, I did go to be after 5am so it wasn't that outrageous but you know what I mean. With a lack of motivation and activities I took my time doing anything. Eventually I got ready and went downtown to meet a friend to walk around the market that is open on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays in the city centre.

It was quite a cold day today. The kind of cold that made me wish I had worn a toque while biking. The market was nice but not that full. I'm pretty sure that the weekend market has many more vendors. It is a fish market but it has lots of everything. The majority of the goods being sold are produce but there is fish, jewelry, flowers, spices, fabric, etc. Because it was mostly food we didn't buy anything - well except a giant warm stroopwafle which was delicious.

We spent some time walking around the stores in the area. The girl I was with was trying to find some gym shorts, which was oddly impossible. I'm still torn about joining the gym, I just don't know if I'll be able to get my money's worth, especially if I'm traveling a bunch and if my back gets hateful. That said I really want to join the gym so that I have something to do on my long days where I have no other activities to partake in. I don't know what my back will do so I'm hesitant to spend $50 on a membership. Decisions, decisions.

We parted ways around 4:30 when she headed to the gym and I headed home. When I got home all I wanted to do was watch a movie, however my macbook dvd drive doesn't work so I can't rent anything, this leads me to acquire entertainment online... namely I downloaded season 1 of Mad Men. I hear this show is awesome and has quite a following. I watched 2 episodes tonight and so far so good. It hasn't grabbed me too much yet but I do like the story lines thus far.

The rest of my night wasn't that interesting either, made dinner, made a budget, made a to-do list, real exciting stuff. Tomorrow I start class, but it doesn't start until 7pm so I still have all day to sit around wishing it was warmer out so I could go hang out anywhere other than my dorm. I'm excited for class to start so I can get this show on the road. I'll be able to better plan my travels once I know when papers are due and when my tests are. I will also have some structure in my life.

Thoughts: I just about bought an adorable dutch painted tea pot to use here, do you think it would make it home? Or would it just break? Decisions, decisions.

1 comment:

  1. Well, you could stuff it with socks and wrap it in bubble wrap? Perhaps it would survive! Happy classes!

    ReplyDelete