Thursday, May 12, 2011

Wish List

In two short weeks I will be 24 years old. I've been looking forward to 24, but I look forward to most of my birthdays. I think I like it because I constantly feel like I am older than I am so at least this way my age number is starting to add up to my mental age. Then again I wonder if I'll look back and wonder why I was so damned mature, and maybe I should have just had some more ridiculous fun. But I like my kind of ridiculous fun better than the ridiculous fun most of the people around this place have.

Anyways, you are asking yourself 'why is Teira giving us a two week heads up about her Birthday?'

Well for a very important reason. It takes about 2 weeks to ship things abroad. ha. I'm kidding of course.

But in lieu of asking for money to spend towards me seeing the world or gift cards to Amazon, or other superfluous things I thought I would suggest some very cool, very meaningful things you could do with your money in honour of my birthday, or any day for that matter.

First, you could buy me a pair of Toms Shoes. Toms shoes, in addition to being stylish also make you feel good about yourself. You see, for every pair of Toms sold the company donates a pair to a kid in need in the world. So technically you are just donating a pair of shoes to a kid and getting a free pair in return. You could of course buy yourself a pair instead. Either way.


Next, there is always "Because I am a Girl" - This is a PlanCanada organization that supports the education and lives of women and girls in countries that really need it. Supporting women is an excellent way to support communities. "When a girl is educated, nourished, and protected, she shares her knowledge and skills with her family and community, and can forever change the future of a nation."

If you go to Plan Canada's Gift of Hope page there are gifts that support girls. There are some pretty awesome gifts you can give that don't cost much. Think of the change you could make!

Or find something that means a lot to you.

Hope you are having a great Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment