Thursday, May 12, 2011

Slut Walk

I guess a police man in Toronto told a group of girls that they should not dress like sluts as to avoid being victimized. Since that a couple friends organized a 'slut walk' in Toronto to reclaim the word slut and make a stand against durogotary words and violence towards women. I guess this really took off and there have been, and are planning to be, slut walks all over the world.

This saddens me.

On Tuesday there was a debate about it on CBCs Q with Jian Ghomeshi. You can listen to it here. Food for thought.

All I'm saying is I would never ever not ever be cool with being called a slut. Is that really what equality is? Being ok with being called a slut? Can't we aim a little higher ladies.

1 comment:

  1. In the days of the Out-House there was the saying:
    Lift your eyes to heaven, you may not want to quit
    Lift the toilet seat, all you see is the $#!*
    Not sure what it meant but I agree with setting the aim a little higher. Glad my daughter does also.

    ReplyDelete