Saturday, October 30, 2010

I Love...

Markets!
I love the community feel of a market, any kind of market. I especially love artistry markets where people are dealing things that they personally make by hand. I of course love a good farmers market but there seems to be less things that captivate me at a farmers market - although that should not discredit the sheer magic of a farmers market. The atmosphere is perfect and the food is delicious. I also love christmas markets or fairs and all the like but they often seem to have so much more manufactured stuff and more expensive stuff. However I still love to wander around them even if I leave with nothing in hand.

My favorite market around here is Market Collective. I think I love it because it is young at heart, it just started a few years ago, and everyone who comes to see their goods are so genuine. They make creative, new, lovely things and they stand behind them 100%. I always tell myself to go and buy nothing but I always leave with something. I think I found one of my favorite photographers there too, I love everything she does and I've even bought a few of her prints. They have live music, awesome artists, art installations (many of which are often interactive), and free coffee!

Here are some pictures from my morning:

These are pins made out of bottle caps. This booth had such great bracelets!! (Bottles Decapitated) It looks like they don't have an etsy page.

These are magnets that I bought from Amy Victoria Wakefield, the photographer I mentioned before. Her photos make me smile. Etsy page here!

They have live music from local artists all day and they are usually really great. It adds to the atmosphere in the building.

Last but definitely not least is one of my favorite things about MC, they bring in local photographers to set up a photo booth and each time it is weird and creative. It is tons of fun to go in and get a crazy picture done. Here is my friend Meghan and I getting ready. This weekend's theme was "Chess in a hay field" It was awesome!

4 comments: