Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Things I Love

Clearly, my long-winded, somewhat insightful (at least into my head) posts just can't keep coming. I'd love to but when I draft one I either feel pretentious or rude or whatever. And I just don't have the energy to do it right now, or perhaps it isn't the energy, it is the motivation. I have grown complaisant.

So for now (until motivation arises) I am going to do something a little different. I think I should be able to keep up with this (although I do feel like I am cheapening the point of this blog).

Things I Love.

I Love the smell of my yoga mat.

Mostly my yoga mat just smells like rubber, but it is a little different kind of rubber that takes my mind directly back to the hot yoga studio on 14th The Bodhi Tree. I can literally see and sense the yoga studio around me. It is such a calming thing. Hot yoga makes you feel amazing and there is something so clarifying about it that makes you want to be a healthier person. If my back wasn't in such dire straights lately I'd be down there every weekend. It was an excellent way to start a weekend or end a long day of work. They say that scent is the strongest sense tied to memory and the smell of my yoga mat is no exception. Namaste.

2 comments:

  1. The smell of your yoga mat. Really?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smell of my yoga matt too!!!
    Oh and I also like this style of post, you may have noticed I am doing a similar thing on my blog. Change is good. (though I do love your long fantastically written posts too)

    ReplyDelete