Wednesday, October 6, 2010

In these bodies we live, In these bodies we die, Where you invest your love, You invest your life

Today I was going to write you a well overdo criticism of the GAPs jeans/pants department but upon writing it almost entirely out I said to myself, who in their right mind cares that I think GAP jeans (although nice looking) always disappoint.

On an entirely different note - today I went to Chapters and purchased Lonely Planet - Europe on a Shoestring.


Up until now, well still even now, it has (does) felt like this trip is eons away and it does feel like it is something that isn't for real. Probably because it is too amazing to be true, and also probably because I applied on a whim, chose the city somewhat by random, and it seemed oh so easy to be accepted. It might also feel like it is so far off because I feel like I hardly have time to do my laundry and get to bed at a reasonable hour let alone plan and prepare myself to go to school in another country. Well it will happen and it will be amazing.

On another note I decided to take my hail insurance off my car and take the $2400 for the damage that the scariest hail storm I ever drove through did to Jemaine - hope he forgives me. That money is going straight to Europe with me. Hope I made the right call.

Finally, yesterday night (Tuesday) while out at dinner with my fam (Globefish SUSHI yumm yumm) I fully appreciated being a working adult and didn't really want to go back to school next fall. I think this is a great thing because most of the time when I think about graduating I am beyond excited but also beyond scared. Now I am mostly beyond excited. Evenings and weekends free and a real pay check - and I am really enjoying reading books of my choice for my own pleasure - not textbooks in the library on a Saturday night for 5 hours at a time. Oh life outside of school has never looked so good. Just give me 15 months, one trip to Europe, and a final haul and I'll be out of the crazy - wonderful - sleep lacking - world of post secondary education. Can't wait.

3 comments:

  1. I like GAP jeans and just bought a pair (much cheaper at GAP Generation). I also miss school. We have a lot of differences..

    ReplyDelete
  2. And i've heard it said that these are the best years of your life ... so enjoy all of them before it's just a work-a-day world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't get me wrong, I really like school. I love the no responsibility, sleep through your classes if you want, studying madness. I do enjoy the days I would have 1hour of class and nothing else. Mostly I miss Fridays because I am NOT nor do I ever think I will be - used to working full days Fridays - you never do it until you start a real job.

    I think the thing I like most about working - besides the pay cheques is that I don't have to feel guilty about taking time to do nothing OR always feel like I should be doing some reading/studying/having no social life for the sake of my grades.

    Both are good.

    ReplyDelete