Sunday, October 24, 2010

I'm Obsessed With...

I love nail polish (specifically OPI for Sephora)
What a girl thing to say, but hey, I do love it.

A year or two ago I was in the mall and something wasn't going my way, at times like this I usually try and buy something little to brighten my day. On that day I bought the my first bottle of OPI for Sephora nail polish (in Ocean Love Potion); the nail polish that started it all.

It isn't like I didn't have nail polish before, and it isn't like I wasn't a fan, but it wasn't until I bought this nail polish that I really fell in love with it. Unlike most brands of nail polish this one actually stays on your nails for upwards of a week without chips. Considering how long nail polish takes to put on (if you want to do a stand up job) it is crucial to have it last.

The second reason I love it is the amazing colours! Sephora stocks a huge variety of colour and now I do to! I have reds, purples, greens, yellow, pinks, black, and variations of all of the above. Recently, trends in nail colour shifted from the usual reds and pinks, to a huge variety of pastels, and bright, bold colours. It is way more fun to play around with!

Lastly the reason I love this nail polish is the wonderful names, you are never painting your nails with "red" nail polish. They always have the best names. Some of my favorite colours are Ocean Love Potion, Havana Dreams, Don't Go There, And a Cherry on Top, and Dark Room. How fun is that!

Oh and they are almost always coming out with four or five new colours in sets which means that there is always something new to buy - which is pretty much the perfect marketing campaign for an addict.

Hope I haven't bored you with my undying love for this nail polish.

8 comments:

  1. This post is so you :) Now I want to go to Sephora today and pick out a new colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I love my 'domestic goddess' you sent me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugugughhhhhshshshshoooooooo.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you had already read this when you were making fun of me earlier... clearly I was wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well then consider the irony! that is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always wanted to wear nail polish as a child and would route through my sisters stuff plastering it on. Only thing is it doesn't agree with my nails as they hurt and feel heavy which then makes me have to take the whole thing off :(. Still I absolutely love looking at other peoples nails especially when they've got blood red polish on, it looks so wickard like a witch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those colours in those bottles though, something for all occasions.

    ReplyDelete