Sunday, August 21, 2011

Weekend Projects

Friday night I got inspired to get after my weekend project. Recently I went thrifting with my friend Mary, and bought two dresses for $6. Steal of a deal. The thing is they need to be altered so they look a little more modern.

Friday I took the opportunity to sit down at my sewing machine and start clipping and hemming. It was all going so well until I discovered that part of my sewing machine wasn't working so well, turns out the feed dog (the part under the presser foot that pulls the fabric through) is made out of rubber and it has disintegrated and was leaving gross black marks on everything I was sewing. So until I can get that replaced I will have to put that project on wait.

Then I shifted my focus to my new project of learning how to crochet. This has not gone great but I am holding strong that I will get a handle of it. I think it'd be easier if I got a run through of how the patterns worked first because I have a feeling that it works differently than knitting patterns. It is a work in progress.

For now I will leave you with a teaser pic of what I was up to on Friday night. It is coming together really well and I can't wait to post the before and after pics :)

2 comments: