Saturday, August 6, 2011

My Bookshelf


Catching Fire, the second book of Suzanne Collins' trilogy The Hunger Games was quite enjoyable. It pulls you quickly back into the dystopian world where children are forced to flight to the death. The plot thickens and the characters grow. It was a good read but undeniably the second book of the trilogy in that it was a bridge between the second and third book but I almost wanted a little bit more from it. That said it definitely sent me running for the third book of the trilogy as it leaves you wanting more, immediately.

I'm excited to pick up the third book, probably this afternoon. The great thing about these books is that they are quick and easy to read and the story is so engaging that you will run through this series in a matter of weeks if not days. I think this took me just over a week to read only because I was too busy to pick it up. You could easily fit this series in between whatever books you are currently reading. I highly suggest it. Also a movie is coming out soon but I have to be honest, (although I've only seen one teaser trailer) it isn't looking too good to me, too much like a bad teen movie where the characters are unrealistically beautiful, but I'll have to investigate more.

2 comments:

  1. So wait.... is this the same collection of books you guys were talking about yesterday? Should I start reading book's authored by someone other than Lauren Conrad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not the one that has a tv show, that is a different one. It is called Game of Thrones. This one is more teen fiction but it has a movie coming out. They are quite good.

    ReplyDelete