Saturday, August 13, 2011

My Bookshelf


Mockingjay, the third and final book in Suzanne Collins' series The Hunger Games. I literally just finished this, I read for quite a while today because I was so eager to see how this whole series would play out. The books are a fun read and the third one is no exception. I don't really want to give you any plot details as it would clearly spoil some of the first two books but as usual it is following the main characters around a dystopian world of the future.

All things considered this was a very enjoyable and easy series to get into, however it didn't end the way I thought it should. And I know I shouldn't be picky but I just reeeeaaallly wanted it to end one way and I feel like it was a little incomplete for me because it didn't end that way. Sad face. That said I would still recommend reading it, maybe you will enjoy the ending just the way it is.

Next up: Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. The first of a lengthy series of long books. ha. I've been avoiding this recommendation for quite some time, my friend Meghan has been telling me to read them for years and I will admit it wasn't until the HBO show came out that my interest was peaked. That and the fact that I have lots of time and a newfound passion of reading.

Keep Calm and Read On Friends!

1 comment:

  1. I am excited to hear what you think of Game of Thrones! I am interested in Hunger Games...I have 2 books I want to read after the 5th GRRM so maybe they will come after those!

    ReplyDelete