Friday, August 19, 2011

Shift Focus

In an attempt to keep blogging, at least occasionally, and in an attempt to keep it from getting mundane I am going to try and focus on crafts. I will still post about books because I really love books and I hope that if you see me reading all the time maybe you will to then we could talk about books because talking about books is about as good as reading them.

I've always been a crafter. I think I can attribute this to my Mother. She would sew, cross stitch, and other like things and I picked it up. I started cross stitching young and it was my craft of choice for quite some time, then I took sewing in school, learned to knit, made some baby blankets, sewed a dress, completed a huge cross stitch, and now I feel like I've fallen into a crafting rut. I'd love to learn how to quilt and although I learned how to crochet I don't really remember how to do it.

Right now I generally just make dish towel after dish towel. Now I won't sell these too short because they look lovely, come in amazing colours, and people love them, but I want to do something more challenging. Don't know exactly what form that will take but hopefully it will be inspiring. For now I leave you with a picture of some of the infamous dish towels, which if you know me well, you have probably had a few gifted to you.

3 comments:

  1. Send me a dish towel? ThanksLoveMary

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dish towels are great! I think you should get a pattern book of some sort- that would give you some ideas. Not sure if you saw my last blog post, but having that intense book is inspiring me to do a good job! Cause I want to use the bag at the end of the day.

    Also, regarding books, keep up the posting. FYI I am enjoying Gone with the wind, but I am not whipping through it as per your promise. Its good though, dont get me wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda - Well it is a long book, and it does have some dragging parts so I hold no judgement especially when you are a busy person as I know I am and I have little time to read these days. Glad you are liking it so far.

    Mary - Just to clarify, I have sent you dishtowels before though, right? That said I'd love to send you another, do you have a colour preference that would fit in well with your kitchen?

    ReplyDelete