Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Weekends are for living.

Over this past weekend I took some time to relax which I will use as my main excuse for a serious lack of blogging.

Thursday was Remembrance Day. I started the day with my Brother, we went out to breakfast at a wonderful little restaurant in town, you may have heard of it, Dairy Lane Cafe. I would have to say that bar none it was the best breakfast I have ever had.

In an attempt to avoid any lines we woke up early and headed down. Dairy Lane Cafe sits about 20 people and there is no waiting area.

While they had us wait they handed us a cup of delicious coffee and we waited outside. So now you are thinking, like I initially did, waiting outside in the cold? That sounds awful. But in addition to the delicious coffee they hand out blanket and have a huge heating lamp. All in all the wait could even be described as enjoyable. Check out that sweet pic - you can even see the steam coming off the coffee!

When we did get inside it did take a while to decide what to order, you see a great deal of the food they serve is locally grown and produced so this is the real deal. I ordered stuffed french toast with cinnamon spread and berry compote - it was so good!

Anyways you should go try it out, the wait is well worth the food and service!

We arrived home in time to take in the Remembrance Day ceremony from Ottawa which is something I think we should all do; we must take time to remember.

I headed down to Vulcan for a few days and then back to Calgary to play a game of soccer Saturday night. It was great, we tied 5-5 which for us is a great accomplishment. As most of us had never played together before and many of us had never played indoor before it took some time for us to meld. I was never much of a soccer player, but then they never offered it as a school sport so really I didn't have many opportunities. Right now we are playing in an indoor league which is considerably different than the outdoor soccer we play in the summer. Both are fun but indoor is way more intense. I like it. We have blue jerseys.

I spent Sunday at the movies. I went to see "Nowhere Boy" which is a biopic about John Lennon's adolescents. Think right before The Quarrymen to right before Hamburg. It really spotlights his family life and the troubles with him Mom. It was very good, but of course I would love it.

Dream. Boat.

The only thing I didn't like about the movie really has nothing to do with the movie, well the film itself. I think I read this a few years ago when the film was being made, but I relearned that the star (as seen above) was 19 at the time and was in a relationship with the director who was something like 41 at the time. Creepy. They are engaged and have a daughter. It weirds me out.

I spent the rest of my Sunday doing your average weekend things, groceries, laundry, etc.

Hope you had a good weekend!

1 comment: