Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I Love...

Taking Friday Off!

As a student I rarely ever had class on Friday. I made it my scheduling goal that should I have class it would always be done before noon. I would relish the feeling of walking off campus at 11am when everyone was walking on. I have to say that one of the hardest things to get used to with full time work is full days on Fridays. Usually when I was in school I spent my Fridays catching up on tv shows I'd missed during the week, napping, etc. it was my day to rest before I spent the weekend studying. It was a good system. Now however I spend most of the day at work and the rest of my evening wishing I wasn't quite so exhausted. Because I'm on a coop work term taking days off isn't really a thing one can do, at least not often. I'm only there for four months.

Lately, in an attempt to maximize my profits before I leave, I've been working weekends at the pool lifeguarding. I've been working 6-12 day work weeks and it really makes you appreciate unscheduled time.

I took Friday off so I get a four day weekend! I am so excited for the break.


2 comments:

  1. Well to be fair it is for a doctors appointment in Vulcan and Wednesday was a mad house at work in order for me to leave.

    ReplyDelete