Monday, November 8, 2010

More Markets!

I spent most of my weekend working, working or sleeping. On Friday I made my way to Flight Centre to check out some details on booking flights - something I should have done a long time ago but whatever. While at the mall my friend crashed my mall trip and we spent the rest of the evening pursuing the mall, it was lots of fun.

On Saturday morning we (Meghan and I) met up at the Chinese Cultural Centre for Make It! Calgary another local market that brings in crafters and creators from farther away than Market Collective and it only happens once a year.

The ceiling inside the Chinese Cultural Centre, very cool.

The market, it was quite busy (photo by Meghan)

Check out these awesome headbands! The lady freaked, and I mean freaked when she saw my hair and then insisted on finding me the exact perfect headband. Although I wanted two and stood there with Meghan as we each hummed and hawed for nearly half an hour we both walked away with one each - we are trying to save money you see. (Photo by Meghan)

This is the one I didn't buy. I took a picture so I would remember what it looked like so one day I will be able to buy it. She uses all real feathers! So cool.

We also both got these awesome pendants. It is a scrabble piece on one side and a cute picture on the other! (Photos by Meghan)

Oh and last but not least I went back and bought my plane tickets today! I stopped by AMA first to see if they could get me a better deal. Their price = $1700 one way, Flight Centre = $700 one way, the decision was easy. I leave January 26th!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa - I didn't even notice the ceiling!

    I am so excited you have your plane ticket! Yay!

    Also, what kind of friend crashes your mall trip? Geeeezz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best kind of friend! Simply the best, better than all the rest.

    ReplyDelete