Sunday, June 27, 2010

Slowly but surely

My apologies for my tardiness but when your choices are blogging or beer the answer is pretty easy.

Thursday the 24th

I had decided the late in Wednesday night that sleep should take precedence over showering on the 24th. I had a test so I got up in time to get dressed, look over a few things, and grab a quick breakfast.

I think the test went well, she went over what we would have to do in detail before we actually wrote any test, this made for a rather simple go with the answers. Very much appreciated.

So I mentioned a week or so ago that one of the minors had turned 19 while here. The night that she was going out to celebrate I was bugging her that because she was going to pass out in class from exhaustion. In a wonderful turn of events she has made it her goal to get me to fall asleep in class before she does. I had seen her at the pub on Wednesday night and she was certain that Thursday would be the day. I insisted that I had stuck it out in class with less sleep and wouldn't fall asleep. In fact I have never fallen asleep in class, I have mad mental powers. Thursday was no different. I didn't even take a nap in the afternoon.

Our afternoon activity was mask painting. These were masquerade masks for the gala. It was fun but my mask didn't turn out nearly how I had imagined it in my mind. Either way it was an entertaining activity that included glitter so everything was good.

Later that evening our activity was Zumba. Zumba is the new yoga, well in trendiness that is, not in the activity. It is a combo of crazy dance and athletic moves. Some salsa steps with some squats, all put to music. It is kind of the new exercise and I can see why. It is lots of fun, to great music, it is fairly easy (steps wise), and was a great workout without the feeling of wanting to die. Always a plus.

I came home and showered as I was covered in sweat and went to bed.

Friday the 25th

The day started with class. Class was class like, all the normal things happened. We were told that our afternoon activity had been cancelled and only those who would be performing at the evening's gala needed to attend for rehearsals. This was fabulous news because the best days in Moncton are the days when we have less activity and more free time.

Because the cafeteria's food has become so repetitive and so bland I couldn't stand to eat lunch for any more meals than I have to. This led me to the mall for Subway and some shopping. It was a lovely walk, well the scenery isn't that nice as it is along a more major road, but it was a beautiful day out. I am so glad I went to the mall for lunch because it was so much better than the caf food.

After my meal I made my way around the mall with a number of items on my list. Because we were having the gala that night and I have a strange obsession with looking like a star I wanted to purchase some new shoes. Also I love any excuse to buy a new pair of shoes. I spent some time and made some very successful purchases like the most outstanding pair of shoes that I now own. Sadly after wearing them for an evening I discovered that they may be a little (a lot) tight, but I figure if Chinese women were able to walk on their bound feet I can walk in shoes one size too small. Seems logical right?

Although I didn't really want to walk back a free half hour walk in the sun seems more appropriate than a cab ride. After getting home I had a little rest because I was exhausted.

Because I was on the decorating committee I had to be at the gala an hour early to set up. This meant that I was getting ready about an hour before everyone. I got all dressed up, went to dinner, and headed over to the caf for dinner.

Decorating was easy, and it even looked really nice. It was fun to see everyone a little fancier than usual. The evening consisted of awards for all (such as: most likely to fall asleep in class, best smile etc.) and a talent show. There were some really great talents, musicians, skits, martial arts, singing. When the show part of the evening came to an end the supervisor came out and sang the Cruella de Vil song which was wonderfully entertaining. The monitors also all came out and sang various Disney songs.

When that was over the dance floor was cleared and the music started. Don't get me wrong I love (LOVE) to dance, but this dance just didn't woo me. It was exceptionally hot, the music was mediocre, and most people had left. I spent most of the time being too cool for school in the hallway on a bench talking.

There had been a lot of talk of going out afterwards. We left and returned home in order to get organized for making the trek downtown. By the time we got home and had a drink it was almost 1am, we all went to bed shortly afterwards. It was a pretty successful high school *ahem* French camp dance.

Today I learned:
  • In less than a week I made a name for myself at the Pumphouse in Moncton, yup, it only takes one week for the waitresses to know you by name. nbd.
I am grateful for:
  • Sky high heels that make no logical sense but look fabulous
My Award for the night:

Some of the fab shoes from the evening

2 comments:

  1. Love the shoes! But you would think after the wine tasting (I forget what the term was we called it?) you would have learned about tight shoes! hah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Oh dangerfest shoes - those were a mistake because they were cheap, unreasonably made, and broke on the walk to the big 4. Boo. ha. And they didn't look nearly as wonderful as these.

    ReplyDelete