Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Piglet: Pooh, how do you spell love? Pooh: You don't spell it, you feel it.

"Don't underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering." - Winnie the Pooh

Sunday June 20

Sunday's are great. Well technically Sundays are great. It is really our only free day here. We had made some plans, go to TreeGo in the morning and possibly head to the beach at Shediac (which requires renting a car). There was also talk of some shopping or touring of the area. However weather reports started to look grim and sleeping in after our night out seemed like a great option. I didn't get out of bed until 11am, this is such a luxury here when my alarm usually rings between 6 an 6:30am. A late, and disappointing, brunch was the next order of the day.

I had a test on Monday and many other people were working on tests or assignments for the upcoming week. All plans essentially got moved when it started to cloud over. The rest of the day was some variation of raining, pouring, thunderstorming, mild sun, etc. For a while there was a thunderstorm watch on for the area. We had a decent storm come though for about half an hour.

Per the usual we had a Sunday night meeting that proved to be more useful than usual. Not too much happened for the rest of the evening, just a lot of studying, and avoiding studying. All in all it was fairly successful. I went to bed early, which I haven't done in a long time.

Monday June 21

Monday morning was an early one. I had given up on studying earlier the evening before so I got up to review before breakfast. The test went alright, I think. Class seems to be picking up pace and it seems like we are covering more at a faster rate now. Clearly this is not optimal. However because I feel like the program is almost over and winding down I've lost interest in trying. Also because I don't really have a solid grasp on what we finished in the last course I find this next course overwhelming. Luckily for me this disinterest in trying also makes it very easy to not stress about it.

Our activity involved us painting a vertical version of the Acadian flag with "Explore 2010" written across it. It was a great project because it was easy, it looks great, and was generally fun. Level 1 and 2 went first so we were done at 2:30 and had plenty of time between then and dinner. This was great. It would have been advisable to do some studying but outside of the little homework I had I tried to catch up on the end of the season of Criminal minds and I painted my nails. What can I say?

After dinner our evening activity was a walk downtown to attend a free music festival near the river. I love stuff like that. The walk was nice, the music was great (a mix of French and English). At one point I left to go grab a beer but I made my way back to the music. Then the people I was hanging out with decided they would go home but I wasn't ready to sit in my room for the night (ha) so I found other Explorer friends to hang out with. It wasn't long before the mosquitos were too much for us to handle so we headed home. Before making it out of downtown a few people decided they were hungry and we should stop for a beer. We made our way back to The Pump House, had a beer or two, and 2 and a half hours later we were actually heading home.

On the walk we stumbled upon another pub with live music. Everyone except myself and one other guy decided it was time to head back, we did in fact have to be up and functioning by 7:30 the next morning.

I made it home just before midnight and went to bed.

It was a great evening though. Very chill and relaxing. Hopefully there are a few more of those kinds of night in my future before I leave the East coast.

I can't believe how excited I am to see the prairies. Which is odd because I don't usually miss home when I am away. I suppose that this is different than any other thing I've done because I've been gone for almost two months straight. Either way I get to Calgary on the morning of Canada and I am very excited to see my family for campout - something I've looked forward to every year since I was but a baby. I do wish that more of my family could come because it is most fun when we are all there.

Today I learned:
  • Maybe I do want to take an art class in school. It was lots of fun.
I am grateful for:
  • The Rocky Mountains & Alberta beef
  • My own kitchen - can't wait to eat non-caf food

1 comment:

  1. Oh *insert sad face here* I wish I could be at campout....
    Have a fantastic time....


    ART RULES!

    ReplyDelete