Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Rebecca Sullivan

Rebecca Sullivan is a prof at the UofC who terrifies me. She terrifies me because she is so intelligent, so well spoken, and such a hard core feminist who expects the world from her students. So she terrifies me because I think she is amazing. I've avoided her courses but the more I hear her talk the more I wish she was my supervisor for a masters. Over a month ago she was on Q debating the Glee casts scantily clad GQ cover. I liked it because she didn't damn the girls for doing it, she damned society for making such behaviour the norm and then punishing the actresses when they bent to societies demands. It is an interesting listen and one that stayed with me for a long time.


1 comment:

  1. One day, I want to be her. That's my main dream in life. As I sit here sifting through outlines, I can only hope that I'm grasping half the knowledge she has...because if I am, I might actually make my voice heard in this world.

    ReplyDelete