Sunday, December 5, 2010

delicious in yyc

This weekend I spent a large portion of my time working on my coop report, sitting down writing about whether or not I achieved my goals, what I learned, and what I hope to do to get a great career in the future. BORING! ha. Well although it is good to look back and reflect it is really the last thing I want to do during the first weekend in December. I will say that I have enjoyed working but most of all I've enjoyed not having to spend all my weekends and free time in the university library or cooped up in my room studying. I do love studying but the constant lack of freedom to do what you really want is tiring.

That said I still had a great weekend!

Among other things I went to brunch with my brothers plus one at the Lazy Loaf and Kettle. If you haven't been there you should go. I've been a few times but it has been quite a while since I last went and I had never had breakfast there, always lunch. This time I had breakfast, an omelet to be exact. It came with wonderful hash browns and toast. It was delicious. And the great thing is - they are great at lunch too. They have awesome breads (for delicious sandwiches) and soups - which both change daily. They also do an excellent job at coffees and teas.

It is a fun place to go. When you go in you find a table, put yourself down and head up to the cash register. Along the way you pick up a little order slip, highlight your order and hand it to the cashier, and pick up any delicious muffins or cookies you want along the way. After the moderately priced transaction is complete you are given a number and head back to your own table. On the walls hangs local art that you can purchase. You can get your own water and waitresses never bug you at your table. It is a nice change of pace. When you are done you bus your own table and head on your way.

It is a lovely little restaurant and one I never feel bad about eating at. You should go!

I didn't take this picture, but it is really accurate. You can sense the deliciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment