Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Keurig. Invest.


Recently it was my big brother's birthday. He received a Keurig coffee brewer as a present. I haven't used it much, but the more I use it the more I think it is genius - except of course for pang of guilt I get every time for feeling wasteful for needing so many little prepackaged containers that I throw away.

Moving past that, this brews the perfect cup of coffee every time and because I'm not in charge of how much water or how much grounds are used it is never too strong, too weak, or too bitter. Another added bonus is that it takes less than a minute to brew, is insanely simple to use, and comes out at the perfect temperature.

The only real set back seems to be finding the K-cups in stores - they do seem to be easy to find online though. They also have tea, but something about brewing a cup of tea in under a minute makes me feel like it misses the point of tea - again technicalities I suppose.

2 comments:

  1. Couple friends over here have one similar, and have the same feeling about the wastefulness of the little cups. Saying that, for coffee its a great invention for that singular morning cup. I disagree with the tea being made on it though, thats more of an 'event' then a quick minute of pre-steeped tea, or how ever its done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey it's less waste than going to Tims to get a coffee. The gas, the cup, the time. If you brewed a coffee then there is the waste of the filters, all the extra grounds, and then you throw away coffee that you don't drink. All in all for one cup, no need to brew the guilt.

    ReplyDelete