Saturday, September 25, 2010

Look (Megs) I cooked!

I used to live with a close friend of mine and she was always really great at making dinner. Really good at it in the sense that not only did she consistently make dinner, she consistently made delicious smelling (and I can imagine delicious tasting) dinner. I on the other hand rarely made dinner and when I did they were simple, quick, and not overly amazing. I think this happened for a few years. First I don't really like making dinner, mostly I do it so that I can eat and in the long run not starve to death but I think Meghan really enjoys cooking. Also last year I worked a lot of evenings which had me getting home anywhere between 10 and 11 pm so making dinner at that point is just silly. Lastly, there is something about making dinner by yourself for yourself seem less exciting then when you either cook together or cook for others.

That being said, I still love a delicious meal and tonight while both my brothers were out of the house to watch some pre-season hockey down at the dome I decided it was the perfect evening for pita pizzas. Quick, easy, delicious, and so satisfying.

Here's my proof:
Left is essentially a veggie pizza with some ham and the right is hawaiian.
These have to be my two favorite pizzas. I love lots of veggies but I kind of feel cheated if there is no meat so I often order veggie pizzas and add some meat and I think I've loved hawaiian pizza since I was allowed to eat ham. Delicious!

The only thing that was missing was Arizona Blueberry Green Tea - this stuff has been harder to find than water in the desert lately and I love it so much! Bar none it is my favorite of all drinks, if I could buy it in 4L jugs I would stock my house with it at all times. So if you ever find it on the shelves you should let me know where I can get it because as far as I can tell there is nothing else like it out there.

Couldn't find a better picture :(

4 comments:

  1. Lies. Teirs, you probably cooked 99% more than me. Ordering pizza doesn't count.

    ps. I really miss Pizza 73. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, yeah, I used to cook when I lived with you... at first. Then I relied solely on various brands of cereal and copious amounts of milk for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Not that it was bad I am just pretty sure ones diet is supposed to consist of more than wheat products and dairy.

    ReplyDelete