Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Lazy Days

Saturday was an exhausted day, going to bed so late and getting up around noon didn't really provide me with a great deal of energy. I made my way to the library to print off hotel and flight confirmations, as I would be leaving Sunday for my last trip of my time here. Otherwise I spent the day napping and avoiding packing.

Eventually I made it to the grocery store and had dinner with Tess. At around 11pm I decided it was actually time to pack my bags. I am getting really good at this last minute packing thing. Previously packing light took so much work and thought, now I know what I need, what I don’t, how it fits, and where things should go. That said, I am excited about coming home and not having to pack anything for a while – even though I’ll be packing for camping just days after I get home. But you know what I mean.

Saturday night there was a party in our common room and it was a lot of people from my hallway, which meant that the party was also down my hall and in the kitchen beside me. The fact that this doesn’t even faze me anymore has me very impressed with myself. I usually don’t even need earplugs anymore to sleep through the sound. That wasn’t the case, but it didn’t really bother me at all. What did bother me was that I had drank 2 cups of coffee at the grocery store around 8pm which left me rather awake at 1:30am. My alarm was set for 5am in order to finish my packing and get to the train in time – this ended up being excessively early, but I’d rather that than missing my train, which I have done in the past.

It was kind of surreal though because there are some people that will be gone when I get back from this trip so I had to say a few goodbyes. Some people will just be traveling over the weekend that I am back and they don’t return until after I leave. This whole time I’ve had this feeling that once I departed on this last trip my time here was essentially over, which really, it is. I can’t believe how quickly this came up.

I don’t return to Groningen until late on the 23rd, then I have three days and I am leaving for Canada on the morning of the 27th. It is strange because so many people are still there until mid to late July. I will admit that it might be better to leave when there is still a lot going on and people are still there instead of progressively having to say goodbye to people and have the house feel empty.

2 comments:

  1. Look at how you've grown since you first moved over! Read those first few posts about the accom and noise- what a change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I know. I've just learned to live with it, better than stressing :)

    ReplyDelete