Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Summer seems to slip away so easily

Lately inspiration has been running high but motivation has been running low. Sorry for my exhaustion but I've been spending a lot of my off time napping. Last week I hurt my back and was fairly out of commission so hopefully I'll have more time this week to do something here.

My cousin - who has been living across the pond (England to be exact) is home for a visit, she just got in on Sunday. I am very excited to see her because although we didn't get to see each other on a super regular basis we always found ways to meet up throughout the year. I miss that.

Today I learned:
  • Doing something you dislike with people you adore makes whatever you dislike seem pretty awesome
  • A bag of BC Cherries is never a bad idea
  • A day trip to Vulcan can be phenom - you just need the right playlist
  • Lights acoustic album is really awesome
  • I miss the view of the prairies in my daily life
I am grateful for:
  • BC Fruit, on the weekend I raided the Calgary Farmer's Market and then tonight I went and bought some more fruit from the grocery store. Nectarines are my favorite but blueberries are pretty high up there as well. I love summer time because even though it is a little more expensive it is so delicious!
  • My dear friends (whom I was lucky enough to meet in 1st year) who are starting the next chapters of their lives and moving away from Calgary. I'm going to miss them very much.
  • Music.

1 comment:

  1. I am grateful for my cousins and it was SO good to see you last night. We will be in touch to make the next plan :)

    ReplyDelete